The Best Cloud Desktop for Small to Medium Business in Melbourne
If you are a small to medium business in Melbourne, you often have the following problems that could be solved by a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI):
- You are worried about the increasing Security, Backups & Regulatory Compliance risk. Including securing your data and systems from employee data theft, ransomware and virus attacks. Or maintaining regulatory compliance (HIPAA, PCI—critical for some companies.) or even making sure your data is backed up daily in case of a crashed machine.
- You want to enable remote workers (yourself included) and support the use of their own devices (a BYOD Policy & Remote Workers Program). You want to give secure and limited access to employees or outside consultants and staff remotely so they can work on your systems with whatever device they prefer (phones, tablets, laptops or desktops) from wherever they sit–. without worrying about compatibility (or data theft)
- In Melbourne you want to reduce hardware and software expenses. You don’t want to tie up capital with new desktop or server hardware and software, or constantly pay for upgrades—especially with BYOD or short-term help.
- A full-time IT Department is too expensive to maintain. You don’t want to deal with infrastructure that is expensive, hire skilled engineers to set it up, or the maintenance and on-going support that requires a massive budget.
So, how do you handle all the latest security risks, while also allowing team members to work remotely, without increasing computer expenses or hiring an expensive IT team?
Perhaps you should consider a Cloud Desktop!
The newer, high-speed Internet connections make using a virtual desktop possible with little to no difference in performance (a cloud desktop – also known as cloud workspace – often has better performance since the servers are high performance). Virtual servers and virtual desktops provide:
1. Much Better Security
A cloud desktop provides much better security than what you typically have right now. It includes backup, regulation compliance and helps you avoid downtime with a quick restore in the event of an attack.
- Secure Datacenters. It uses enterprise-grade security with multi-factor authentications, RFID access, multi-layer firewalls, anti-DDoS protection, and physically locked access to your data. A cloud desktop is much more secure than most small organizations can provide. This ensures attackers can’t reach your data.
- Access control to your data. Requires end user authentication with password verification via email or phone confirmation before gaining access. The cloud desktop also monitors all accesses and blocks suspicious activity or too many failed attempts which prevents impersonation by hackers.
- Proper Backup plan for your systems and data. Cloud Desktop is backed-up every day and kept encrypted off-site, so your data can be recovered easily and quickly in the event of a human mistake, local disaster or cyber-attack.
- Built-In Regulatory Compliance. Your data is stored in data centers that are compliant with your industry-specific regulations (HIPAA, PCI and AICPA etc.)). So you are ensured security and don’t get expensive penalties.
2. Easy and secure remote access
Virtual desktops can be accessed by any modern device that is connected to the internet, in Melbourne and anywhere in the world.
- Software Virtualization. You can host your business software in the Cloud environment and have your employees, consultants and clients access it from any machine type (Mac, laptops, Chromebook, Tablets, Smartphones) or operating system.
- Server and Desktop Virtualization. Your on-site servers and desktops are virtualized with the same or even better specifications and made available to your employees remotely. This makes it easy to implement a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy and a working from home program within your company.
- Team collaboration tools. Cloud Desktop is equipped with modern collaboration tools for file and screen sharing that allows employees to easily share and transfer files without having to pay for or install third party software.
3. Spend MUCH less capital buying new computers, servers and software upgrades
A Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) allows you to pay for only what you need. It converts your capital expenditure on equipment and software upgrades into a monthly operating cost. You get the best IT infrastructure and maintenance services in Melbourne for a fraction of what you are currently spending.
- Pay as You Save. You get latest generation computer hardware for your business and only pay for what you need. This eliminates the unnecessary expenses on software upgrades and hardware purchases that you end up not using. Cloud computers scale seamlessly without having to re-install anything when you need more space or users access.
- Multi-users resources sharing. You can add several users on one instance with every user having a private desktop. No more one to one computers, because hardware resources are shared among the users so the total hardware/software requirements are much less.
- Software updates for all users. Since all the end users are on one Cloud Desktop, you update the software once and every user gets the latest version instantly, making software upgrades and maintenance quick and easy.
- No up-front or minimal commitment. The month-to-month subscription plan of Cloud Desktop doesn’t require you to make any initial investments and is available for a single person or thousands of users.
4. Slash your Expenses on IT Department
You will significantly reduce your expenses on an IT department by moving your entire infrastructure to a fully managed, cloud-hosted environment.
- Building a Cloud Desktop or Server in Melbourne takes minutes. You can spin up a pre-configured Cloud Desktop within minutes without any human interaction. This is the fastest way to set up a desktop environment for a consultant, new hire or agents without disrupting your regular work.
- All of your IT is managed behind the scene. Fully managed Cloud Desktop are managed by a professional IT department without the cost. Providers take care that everything is optimal, properly backed-up and prevents problems most problems in advance to avoid downtimes.
- No specialized IT skills are required. The setup wizard of cloud-hosted desktops walks you step-by-step through the process of setting up and configuring your system without outside help. You can easily run your IT department and business from your laptop.
- You have total admin control of the machines. You have complete admin rights to manage your Cloud Desktop the way you see fit. You can control who gets access to your data, install custom apps and monitor user activities from your admin dashboard in Melbourne. You are always aware of what is going on with your IT and business.
Not All Virtual Workspaces are the Same…
Ok, so you’ve seen the advantages of cloud workspaces and Cloud Desktop (including virtual servers). Unfortunately, virtual workspaces are not the same. Some of the alternatives have serious challenges:
- Too Expensive. Your first shock is the price—most virtual desktops and servers (especially the big names like VMWare and Citrix) are not priced for SMBs.
- Requires IT Department. The typical virtual desktops still require a seasoned technical team in Melbourne to set it up, it is hard to replicate for new employees and require ongoing management (just trading one IT headache for another).
- Not optimized to run any application. Many only run standard software, but often can’t run your custom apps or unique configurations, or some of your unique hardware.
- Require additional software. They also require a “Virtual Private Network” (VPN), additional applications for sharing files, screen sharing, presentations, and can’t provide access for support.
- SLOW. Most VDI vendors use old technologies invented in the 90’s and are not as snappy to load or run—and many can’t run video or detailed graphics.
So, how can you leverage the benefits of a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) without a specialised IT team, that can run ALL your software applications, provide new functionality (like built-in screen sharing for collaboration, no VPN), and are as FAST or FASTER than your existing PCs—all at a price within reach?
Perhaps you should consider…
The World’s fastest Cloud Desktop!
There are five reasons to consider V2 Cloud’s WorkSpace
- EASIEST Setup & Installation
- BEST Apps & Desktop Delivery
- BEST Collaboration
- The BEST Performance
- BEST Managed Services
Plus, it is the Price Performance LEADER (One of the few with hosting included) and includes the Industry’s BEST 24/7 Support.
Request a Free Trial
Contact us with questions, to schedule a free demo or trial, or to request a personalised quote.